Privacy and Data Protection Policy
At Valiant Safaris we value your personal data and our promise to you is to secure it, share at your will and use data to generate the information we provide to you and to design the services we offer you.
This policy covers how we collect, store, use and disclose or transfer your data.
We collect personal data including name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and personal travel preferences. We may also require your passport details to share with our third-party partners where it is required for the services being planned for your safari.
We may sometimes need sensitive personal information like health Condition, Dietary requirements, and any special request related to the services we are offering you.
How do we use Personal Data?
We use your personal data to;
- Tailor the services we offer you, we may require your previous travel experience or preferences in order to offer an experience which meet your specific expectations.
- Process your booking; send you related information like itinerary, flight booking and any other details related to your booking.
- Update you in case of a change in the planned itinerary.
- Manage your booking, we may transfer some of your personal data to some of the service providers to facilitate your booking, especially in booking hotels, flights, trekking permits and boat cruises and similar services which are provided by us or our third parties.
- Financial purposes, making payment for your booking, in case of a refund to be processed, accounting and audit purposes. When making payment by credit card, we may collect information including card holder name, card number, expiry date and the CVC.
- Communicate and keep in touch with you while on safari or the third parties that are part of the experience you are partaking, especially in case of compliments, complaints or preferences.
- Conduct client satisfactory surveys, for improvement of our products and services or creation of new ones, this is through sharing of your opinion about your experience with us.
- Market our products and services to you and other people who access our website, reviews of our services published will be seen by other people.
We generally collect specific data for specific services as it deems necessary, we try to minimize the collection of your data and handle it with utmost care.
When you (or your agent or any person travelling with you) share your personal data with us, we agree that you have given that data voluntarily and you consent for us to use that data for the purpose it was collect.
We keep personal data for a period long as necessary reasonable for the purpose which it was collected, we make sure to dispose data in a secure way mostly in a period of 7 years as per the Ugandan established laws, and if no booking is made we will dispose off data in a period not exceeding one year.
How do we protect personal information?
- We at Valiant Safaris we act with confidentiality as well as our service providers
- We follow security procedures in storing and disclosing data to ensure unauthorized access.
- We use secure communication channel (Secure Sockets Layer) for transmitting data on our website.
- We safely destroy personal data which is no longer needed for the purpose it was collected.
You have a right to request access to your personal info that we hold, or request to mend or erase the data we have.
You can request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes and if you have joined our emailing list, you can manage your marketing preferences or you can unsubscribe by contacting us.In case of any request or complaints about our privacy and data policy, contact us by emailing email@example.com, your request will be looked into and responded to with a period not exceeding one month.